Every year, I find myself needing certain emergency items during the school day and am unable to find them or to sneak out and get to the store. So, at the beginning of the year, I prep a little “Teacher Emergency Kit” to keep stashed in my desk all year long. My buddy teachers appreciate the supplies, too!
In my kit right now:
- an extra shirt (Spilt coffee at 8:00 am?! Marker smudge right before a meeting with parents? Ever been thrown up on? In Kindergarten, an extra shirt is a must).
- a nail file
- Airborne (or my knockoff version…as soon as I feel a cold coming, I NEED these, and I don’t want to wait until I get home because that might be too late!)
- mints (I’ve been asked…Ms.Sanna, did you eat Spanish food? :))
- q-tips (to clean up my make-up before meetings or on a hot day)
- hair ties
- cough drops
- chapstick (the good medicated kind for the days when a cold and dry lips are trying to force me to take a sick day!)
- oil wipes (I like to have these before meetings, observations, or on super hot days…they remove oil and shine in seconds and with no trip to the bathroom needed. Mine are called rice paper, but they sell so many versions at the drugstore.)
- eyelash brush (Is it just me or can feeling like an eyelash is in my eye ruin your morning? I love my eyelash brush and I use it often to fix stray lashes. Snag one for free from the makeup tester counters at the mall & Sephora- if you ask they’re happy to let you take a couple and they can be cleaned and reused!)
- hand lotion
What’s in your teacher emergency kit? Comment and let me know!